Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Love, Bernadette

One of my favorite memories from my childhood is when I got to meet this awesome lady. She's basically my musical hero and always has been. I was 11 or 12 and playing Tina in Ruthless at Casa on the Square in Fort Worth and she was in town to do a show with the Dallas Orchestra. We were told that she would be coming to see the show with Marvin Hamlisch (also a cool person to meet)... but she wasn't there when the show started. We were sorta bummed. But then one of the cast members saw them sneak in a few minutes after we started... and after the show they came back stage to meet us, sign autographs and take a picture with our cast. (Which I have somewhere and really need to find so I can put it on the internets and frame it for my picture wall- not only for Bernadette and Marvin, but also because I'm wearing turquoise sequined hot pants and a matching tube top... lol.) I remember that she was teeny tiny and very sweet to me. It was a fantastic night.

One of my favorite songs, sung by my favorite voice.

 
My favorite scene from The Jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment