Friday, July 1, 2011

Puerto Rico, Day Six

Day Six in PR was my 28th (agh!) birthday... and what a wonderful birthday it was.

We started off the day at Isla Verde beach with Bill's Aunt Raquel, cousin Axel, his girlfriend Samantha and their two adorable kids, Isabela and Dominick. We played in the waves and got some good sun.

I really wanted to go to a fruit stand, so Bill took me to Plaza del Mercado in Santurce (a part of San Juan... and more of a Farmer's Market than a fruit stand) and we walked around and got a giant, delicious smoothie. I was sooo close to getting my tarot cards read, but I missed the lady by a few minutes (or hours- who knows when she really left for the day) so that remains on my To Do List. (It wasn't something we had planned on, Bill just happened to see a sign for a tarot card reader while we were walking around.)

Bill took me to dinner at Dragonfly in Old San Juan. It was a really lovely restaurant- very romantic, set up like an old opium den. I started off with a mojito (made with gin and cucumbers, which was an interesting combo... very good). I had shrimp and lobster dumplings and Bill had some sort of fried rice and we both loved our meals. When dessert came (with a candle in it, of course)... they took it to the wrong table. They started singing "Feliz Cumpleaños" (got through the entire song, actually) to a man at the table next to us. He and his wife looked very confused... and when they figured it out, they sang Happy Birthday AGAIN... this time, to me. It was a funny, honest mistake and we all laughed about it. Good times. I ate my dessert and drank champagne with Chambord and happily celebrated my late 20s. If you're ever in the area, we highly recommend Dragonfly- and the fact that they're called "OOF! Restaurants" makes us giggle. http://www.oofrestaurants.com/

After dinner we took a stroll around Old San Juan, which is all lit up and very romantic after dark. It was a great birthday and I am a very very lucky lady to have Bill in my life- he made me feel special and adored, as he does every day.




Samantha, Axel and Bill









1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed your b-day. You deserved it (and more) ;-*

    ReplyDelete