Thursday, July 28, 2011

It's the thought that counts.

I'm a crappy girlfriend this year. Bill's birthday is on the 1st and since I had surgery- I'm out of money AND energy. I'm buying him a few records and a turntable (from Craigslist- I'm so classy) tomorrow... but today I had a grand idea- paint something.

I've recently become addicted to Pinterest and found this beautiful gold painting:


I knew I wouldn't be able to create something like that, b/c- I have no idea how. But I knew I wanted something gold for the mantel in our new apartment (2 months and counting... woot).

I also wanted to include this quote on the canvas (since we're moving in to OUR first apartment --just living in my crappy one bedroom until my lease is up--):


Love it. Everything sounds great, right? Well... it did to me. I rushed to Michael's, got a canvas, gold spray paint, gold paint and black paint. And this is what I ended up with:


WOMP WOMP. It's not as horrible as I make it sound... but it's completely different from what I had in my head. But Bill likes it (or is pretending for my sake)... so, that's all that matters. It even looks kind of cute on our side table, but mantel art it is not.


ANYWAY... that's why I'm a crap girlfriend this year. I blame the pain medication.

Here are some more random pics from this week... have a good weekend!

 Tomato/Mozzarella Salad w/ Basil from our patio garden

 From my "Get Well" bouquet from Bill

 From my "Get Well" bouquet from Amanda

Beautiful ring that Bill got me for my birthday because
 HE is an awesome significant other...
I hope he has a wonderful birthday in spite of my lame attempts at gifts.
He deserves it. XOXO

**when I finally got paid I got him some wireless headphones, a grill (that we still haven't used as of 8/19- there's pretty much no space to use it here, we'll break it in at the new place) and a cover for his futon that will go in our office/pet room (oh the luxury of not having a litterbox in the bedroom- heaven)/workout room/whatever else. Pretty practical stuff- next year, the big 3-5, will be more exciting, I think.


1 comment:

  1. As long as you're around, I _will_ have an awesome birthday :-D And I do love that painting; it means a lot to me that you even thought of doing something like that. I love you :-*

    ReplyDelete