Sunday, June 12, 2011

Puerto Rico, Day Two (Pt 2)

We went to dinner with Bill's parents at Mojito's in Old San Juan- I had Mofongo w/ shrimp (traditional Puerto Rican dish... Bill made it for me during our first months together) and a Pina Colada.

We walked around town- we found booths with local artists, jewelry makers, etc. and got some souvenirs for our pals back at home. There were 3 cruise ships in port, so it was quite touristy on that particular day. Old San Juan is full of colorful rows of buildings, shops, restaurants and bars. There are also tons of things to see... we drove there many days of our trip and still didn't see everything.

Puerto Rico Capitol Building



Mofongo... not the greatest picture, but it was yummy. Here is a recipe I found online:
(Edit: Bill looked at this recipe, and you're not supposed to make it with ripe plantains- definitely go with the green ones!)



Cart o' parrots


Part of Castillo de San Cristóbal

Cobblestone streets- glad I didn't wear heels.
 Lots of girls were walking around in heels like it was no big thing-
 I would have fallen on my face. But I'm always pretty clumsy.

This is the outside of Bill's parents' house- the prettiest on the street.
So green and flowery.

Bill admiring the palms his Mom planted

1 comment: