Sunday, June 19, 2011

Puerto Rico, Day Four

On the fourth day we went shopping at Plaza las Americas in San Juan. Bill got some new shoes and I got some stuff at West Elm and Old Navy (ooh, exotic). The mall was huge and really nice... it was fun to walk around and window shop.

After the mall we went to tour the Bacardi Distillery in Cataño. It was super nice, by the beach- we got two drink tickets (I chose Bacardi Razz w/ pineapple juice), boarded a little bus and drove around the property. We watched a video, toured a museum-type area and learned how to make their signature cocktails (basically Bacardi and Coke.. must be Coca Cola Classic, no Pepsi... Mojitos and Bacardi with simple syrup). 

That night we went to El Batey, a dive bar in Old San Juan, and met up with Bill's friends Adriana and Walter. I had a great time meeting and chatting with them, and I'm sure Bill had a great time catching up. I got served a shot of Anis (which tasted like Jager, gross) because it was a "typical Puerto Rican shot", according to the bartender- later Bill told me that it's an old person drink.. ha, gee thanks). 

Later that night, Bill and I walked around Fort San Felipe del Morro (El Morro Castle) and checked out one of the watchtowers... which I later realized is pictured on all of the license plates down there. :)

Plaza las Americas







El Betey

Walter & Bill (looking totally sober)





Picture of the watchtower I stole from the internet,
it was too dark to take pics when we were there.


1 comment:

  1. SIIIIGH. I should stop looking at these pics at work :-P

    Love you ;-*

    ReplyDelete