Saturday, June 11, 2011

Apartment Hunting, Take 2

We decided to go look at some more apartments this morning... and I'm pretty sure we found "the one". (Of course, I said that in my previous entry about apartment hunting, as well.)

Bill was a big fan of the first ones we looked at, me... not so much.
Pros: Garage, ceiling fans (which may not look so nice, but are a life saver in Texas), big patio, GARDEN TUBS, pretty property
Cons: The effing linoleum. It was horrible. Seriously, if they changed the linoleum it would have looked so much better. I guess boys don't notice things like that. I just couldn't look at it for another second.

The 2nd one- "The One":
Pros: Cute layout, WOOD FLOORS in the kitchen and bathrooms, a BRICK wood burning FIREPLACE (aahhhh, and the angels sing), crown molding... and $100 less monthly than all of the other apartments we've looked at thus far
Cons: No garage (but I did see some, so maybe we could ask them about that), the exterior looks a TAD run down... it's definitely an older property (which I don't mind- as long as they're well kept), no garden tubs (boo), I wasn't too crazy about the counter tops... but they're definitely something I could live with (unlike the scary linoleum)

Sooooo... we have to make a decision about the last apartment by July 5th. I really think it's what we'll pick, which is surprising to me... because I thought I'd go for the shiny new apartment that we looked at first.

Both are farther into Euless (a town that I loathe... but it just makes sense for us to live here because our jobs are in Dallas and Las Colinas and our friends and family are mostly in Fort Worth)... but VERY close to Grapevine. So... maybe I'll just tell people I live in Grapevine. :)

Both are very close to the dog park and Bear Creek parks/jogging trails... which is why we wanted to look in this area in the first place. The neighborhood is also A LOT safer than the one we live in now.

This is my favorite thing about the first apartments we looked at today- they have TONS of fish in this pretty little Koi pond. But, I wouldn't be sleeping, cooking, lounging in the Koi pond, so... maybe we can just go visit it from time to time... (also, it wasn't all algae green like this when we saw it today)...

1 comment:

  1. We can just say we live in the Colleyville school district ;-P

    ReplyDelete