Sunday, June 12, 2011

Puerto Rico, Day Two (Pt 1)

Bible Museum... with Dinosaurs

First close up view of  PR beach (Isla Verde)

Bill's Hometown, represent. ;)


Oh.my.gosh. I had to take a picture of the best breakfast ever... which I happily consumed several times during our trip, from España (bakery/deli/liquor store). Ham, egg and cheese might not sound super-out-of-the-ordinary-yummy (in fact, I usually avoid ham... not really my cup of tea)... but the bread they use is fan-effing-tastic. So good. We actually brought some of it back and made these sandwiches to try to cure our Puerto Rico homesickness (I like to call it my second home, now... since, you know, I've been there ONCE). Also the best orange juice I've ever had- freshly squeezed, delicious. I am a big fan of breakfast- and this is probably the best one I've had. Yeah, I just wrote a paragraph about breakfast foods.

Cemetary next to España

After (the paragraph-worthy) breakfast, we went to get a cold coconut
(COCO FRIIIIO!) in Piñones.

Beautiful


We sat at the little bar/hut and drank our coconut and a Mojito (again, BEST Mojito I've ever had) and watched the people and the water.
Great start to a great trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment