Sunday, June 12, 2011

Puerto Rico, Day One

... well, really NIGHT One, all we did the first day was eat dinner and hang out at Bill's parents for a bit before crashing from our day of flying and airports.

We got there on the 21st, which is Bill's Dad's birthday... and we all went to eat sushi at Nikko's (in Isla Verde, neighborbood of Carolina). That about sums up our night- oh, wait- I was a little anxious because my luggage didn't arrive when we did. My sweet boyfriend took care of everything- spoke with people at the airport and tracked it online for me to make sure I got it. Thankfully it arrived around noon the next day (we switched flights in ATL, and I guess my checked bag got left there- considering it had all of my underthings, bathing suits, meds, shoes... I was pretty frustrated, but a nice relaxing night with the Alvarez family calmed me down). Here are some pics...
The first of many Medallas

Bill's Mom set up our dresser like a little hotel room-
water, chocolates, soaps... she's such a sweet, sweet lady.

Super comfy beds in the guest room where we spent many afternoons napping while it rained. It was awesome- we would go out in the morning to see the sights, go home to take a little rain nap and then gussy ourselves up to go out again at night- although PR is rather warm... I was digging the weather and the routine by the time we left.

Love those kitchen tiles




Bill's parents have put a lot of work into their house and it shows... inside and out. I have some outdoor pictures of the house and the beautiful flowers to share with Day Two's post. For now, here's the last pic from Night One- my love when he was a wee one... how precious is he? Our kids will be beautiful. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment